Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_3_] Dave in Houston[_3_] is offline

Default Sketchup is nifty!

"Swingman" wrote in message

Here's my first 3D effort with Sketchup ... just for practice, a rendering
(after the fact) of the owl nesting box I built last weekend for a
neighbor.

It is not uncommon to see some very small owls here in NW Houston
(Beltway 8/ 290) and I suppose they can squeeze into some small openings.
But I would have thought a 1 5/8 inch opening would be more in tune for a
purple martin or somesuch.
So, the question is what kind of owl is this box intended for?

BTW, I bought the pro version back before Google bought out @Last
Software and upgraded to Version 6 over a year ago. As luck would have it,
the Bolder, Colorado architect who did a timberframe design for us was part
of the @Last Software team and that his was the voice that narrated the
Version 5 tutorials which I believe are still available for
download/viewing.
I use Turbocad far less now and then mostly for dimensioning purposes.

Dave in [NW] Houston