Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Ladder for working near WRAPPED electrical wires

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:50:43 GMT, blueman wrote:

I need to do some painting and gutter repair in the vicinity of our
aeriel service entrance.

I have called the electric company and they will be WRAPPING the wires
with insulation.

Do I still need to use a non-aluminum ladder or will the wrapping
protect me? (as long as I don't do something really dumb...)

(note I asked the electric company but because of liability concerns
they couldn't advise me either way -- gotta love our litigious society...)

Thanks

Fiberglass is probably your best choice. I knew a man that got zapped
on an aluminum ladder--he did not survive. Ladders should be
regularly inspected for wear and damage.