Posted to rec.woodworking
d.williams d.williams is offline

Default Bath Vanity Question

Finally reached the last stage of a bath remodel. I'm planning a small bath
vanity, frame and panel sides, with legs rather than extending the cabinet
sides all the way to the floor. In this case I'd rather leave the existing
baseboard and 1/2 round in tact. My question is how to treat the sides of
the cabinet on the wall side of the case. I plan to have a frame and panel
cabinet back with legs parallel to the wall with the back panel frame dadoed
into the side frame and panels. Would it look OK to leave the back panel
with and 1-1/4" gap to the wall as long as the vanity top and backsplash is
mounted flush to the wall. or would it be better to extend the stiles on the
sides above the baseboard out to meet flush with the wall. Not sure what is
typical or best in this case, thanks.

Here is a link to the style that I have in mind:

http://plansnow.com/dn1104.html