Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
amdx amdx is offline

Default Coleman Exciter Circuit

"Oppie" wrote in message
news:2Ly4k.3041$n9.2360@trndny01...
Good to know. I have a similar 5KW coleman (red case, all outlets on end
of generator).
We ran the whole house off of it for almost a week following the big
storms a couple of years ago. Only thing it wouldn't run was the startup
surge of the old Maytag washer.
Oppie

Hey Oppie,
There's a little more info in a thread on sci.electronics.design if your
interested.
Subject: Coleman Powermate

"amdx" wrote in message
This is a drawing of the Coleman Powermate exciter circuit. (Pro-Gen
5000)
J1 goes to the two 19 turn coils wired in series in the stator.
On my generator the cap was defective and only one of the 19 turn coils
was overheated.
Mike