Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ladder for working near WRAPPED electrical wires

On Jun 13, 3:50�pm, blueman wrote:
I need to do some painting and gutter repair in the vicinity of our
aeriel service entrance.

I have called the electric company and they will be WRAPPING the wires
with insulation.

Do I still need to use a non-aluminum ladder or will the wrapping
protect me? (as long as I don't do something really dumb...)

(note I asked the electric company but because of liability concerns
they couldn't advise me either way -- gotta love our litigious society...)

Thanks

only use a fiberglass ladder........ safety first

ask the power company if they can temporarily disconnect you at the
street.

power off will be safer, and run extension cord from friendly neighbor
if you need power.......