Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Ladder for working near WRAPPED electrical wires

Nate Nagel wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 13, 5:07 pm, N8N wrote:

FWIW I prefer wood ladders although a lot of contractors now prohibit
anything but fiberglas on job sites. Apparently they are concerned
about wood ladders cracking and causing incidents for which they may
be held liable. I think this may also be a current OSHA requirement.

I wonder how long until we start seeing carbon fiber ladders...

That would be so freakin' cool... you'd cry the first time you spilled
paint on one though

Not sure you'll see one, I suspect carbon fiber would have conductivity
issues. Wouldn't put it past some Chinese company to produce a Faux
carbon fiber stepladder for the home market though. As for crying, I
just don't get that attached to material things. When I put the first
good scratch in my new truck it was just a "now it's a real truck"
moment.