Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default TV ON switch won't latch

On 13 jun, 18:40, PaPaPeng wrote:

As for mis-reconnecting the cable all the cables have keyed connectors
and each of them is unique in size and shape. The cable runs are too
tight to make a mistake running the connector to another pin socket.
When I get around to it I will probably undo all the connectors and
reseat them again.

The other question is, is there such a thing as a hardware problem
that would kill the second tier of cable TV stations?

1. you may have, whilst moving things, exacerbated a bad solder joint.
you'll need to pull out the pcb, taking photos on a digital camera
along the way, so as not to have trouble later, to get to the botom of
this.

2. re.cable channels - check tuning settings, do a channel search and
ensure they are enabled in the menu ('air' or 'cable' option set
right)
maybe the tuner is duff, but they don't often fail this way.

-B