Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tiny, tiny metalwork - chip re-soldering

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote in message

Is a DEL computer of ANY kind worth repairing??
The "Del from Hell" every time I get involved with one

I've had great luck with Dell laptops, I have a bunch that people gave me for
various reasons. Usually they needed a keyboard, more memory, bigger disks,
etc. People get new laptops and just give away the old one. They are easy and
cheap to get parts for on EBay. The "free" one I'm typing on is a 2.GHz
processor, 1gb of ram, 120gb HDD. I put in a $20 keyboard, and a $15 wifi card,
reformatted the drive and it has a OEM XPP sticker with key on the bottom!
They've all been sturdy, robust and easy to work on. You just have had bad
luck!