Buttonhole McGee

Default Termites

Sorry to hear about the particle-board-producing denizens of your shed.
While you're making gloomy real-estate-and-entropy-related weekend plans,
and if you haven't already seen it, pick up Pacific Heights.

The Amazon.com review has a nice line: "...if the sight of a beautiful
house being slowly destroyed is your idea of the ultimate horror, you'll
be chilled to the bone."

That description is also apt for, say, what Kia on Trading Spacing does
(though happily, only one room at a time). Or, sadly, it could describe
what I'm doing to my own bathroom by insisting on making the medicine
cabinet and vanity. Yeah, this is a woodworking-related post. Honest.

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:16:12 -0400, Silvan wrote:

Ben Siders wrote:

I propose that trolls in here be henceforth referred to as termites.
Which sort of makes me a termite since I'm sure somebody will consider
this post a troll.

Don't even say that word. I pulled the ramp off my shed workshop (it
was rotting) and lo, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a
termite tube to bring my heart fear.

I broke it open and a hundred billion termites spilled out on the
ground.

Joy.

Think I'll go rent me a copy of "The Money Pit" this weekend, so I can
feel better about my own place.