Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Bad Water Heater Noise?

on 6/9/2008 4:39 PM Suzie-Q said the following:
I'm doing laundry, washing a load with hot water. I just
noticed that, while the water is running to fill the washer,
there are noises coming from the water heater. It sounds a
little like when you throw your tennis shoes in the dryer:
that bumping sound they make.

Is this a bad noise? Can anyone tell me what's causing it?

The water heater is about eight years old. I have very hard
water and have never "drained" the water heater.

Thanks for any help.

Besides the other replies, it could be a broken anode rod.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY