Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default DWV pipe through studs

the main vent stack you refer to needs to be 3". But that has nothing to do
with running vent pipes in walls. The main stack does not run horizontal
through walls.

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:30:10 +0000, JC wrote:

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
I'm using 2" DWV pipe for bathroom/kitchen sinks and vent. I'm in the
process of constructing the walls. Can I get by with a 2x6" wall or do
I need 2x8"? I will be boring the studs to accommodate the pipe.

--

If they are not load bearing, I see no problem with 2x6. But, I think
you're going to find that most fixtures are geared for 1 1/2" fittings
so why use 2 inch pipe?

It's venting to roof. I have 3" to septic, toilet. Using 2" vent.

Franz Fripplfrappl