Thomas Mitchell

Default Gloat

Well I sort of thought that coons were nocturnal and stayed away from
people. Maybe not the trash cans, but people in general.

We vacationed on Sanibel Island last June. Drove through the nature
preserve there and saw some creature. Large body, tiny head, walked on
fours. We had no clue what the 5' creature was. About an hour later we
were on a dock and saw a small coon wander down the beach area. By the
body shape we knew that the giant creature was a coon, but the SIZE!!!
had to weigh close to 100lbs. I thought the 30-40 pound coon we have
roaming the backyard some evenings was big... it just didn't compare to
the coon on sanibel. After seeing those two coons, we kept seeing coons
all over the island, mostly in the trash bins, pools, saunas, etc.

WARRENRN1 wrote:
Great gloat. Coons are a sign of garbage all over the driveway most of the
time.

not true.... not true.... we have a family of 5... count 'em....5 that
meander thru the yard.... biggest damn things i have seen in a long time.....
and they just stop and watch as i pull the car into the garage... must be
thinking to themselves... *well, he is out late this evening*....
my neighbor found 4 babies in the bottom of his CLEAN garbage can.... didn't
want them to die...so he let them out in his backyard.... one beat feet up the
mulberry tree between our yards and 2 others beat feet for my back yard... as
for the 4th... my neighbor had to pour the thing out of the garbage can... he
didn't want to leave....