Posted to uk.d-i-y
Samantha Booth Samantha Booth is offline

Default Coat Hooks

"George" wrote in message

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message
Tried my normal rawplugs and it wasnt beefy enough to hold my coat
hangers
(4 on a piece of wood) Tried an anchor, that too pulled through the
plasterboard. I wonder what else I can use that may do it. The coats are
heavy, granted but i would have thought the heavy duty anchors would have
sufficed. Its PB on both sides so no solid wall to attach to. Also with
under the stais being sloped I cannot fix into the batton behind, would
gripfill do? Any ideas folks?

Sammy are you willing to do this?....

Position the coathanger on the wall were its going to be,level it up with
spirit level or eyesight? draw round the coathanger before taking it away.

I presume the coathanger is about 14" to 16" long? within the drawn
rectangle on the PB cut out a 6" long rectangle and almost the width of
the
coathanger.

Now get a piece of 2x2 wood batten about the lenght of the coathanger and
put a piece of string around the 2x2 batten,shove the 2x2 batten in the
hole
so that the wood goes behind the PB and pull the wood against the inside
of
the PB with the string try to line it up with the cutout as best you can
then screw 2 or 3 screws through the PB and into the 2x2 wood batten on
both
sides of the cutout.
Cut a piece of PB slightly smaller than the cutout and screw to batten
then
fill in any discrepancies.

Screw coathanger onto PB and through into the wood batten. ;-)

Sure am. I have a few to put up actually. I may be better off removing the
triangle pb, and replacing it with wood. At least it will last the test of
time. Thanks for all the suggestions, its been a great help.

Sam