Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bird in Chimney

On Jun 13, 7:55�am, franz fripplfrappl wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:13:53 -0500, Red Green wrote:
There was no screen cover on this HUD Wreck I've been working on and I
failed to put one on right after getting it. I hear an adult bird in
there now. Goes in and out. It's a straight shot up.

Will smoking em with some newspaper and maybe pinecones get em to vacate
a bit while I run up and put a cover on ya think? Don't wanna really
light a regular fire since it's been hovering around 100 the past 10
days if ya know what I mean.

Please, no cracks about bats in my belfry :-)

If you do the smoke routine, the birds may die from CO poisoning and fall
into the chimney. �Can't imagine how a bird could be expected to fly out
of a chimney. �There's not enough space to get wings flapping and create
the needed lift. �There should be a cleanout at the bottom. �Clean out
ash and old bones and then go get a cover for the chimney.

Franz Fripplfrappl

have a chimney guy come, do camera inspection of chimney, which needs
done before its ever used.

the camera should scare birds o they leave, then cap can be put on
immediately if theres no nest with babies