Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Red comes through on a black screen

"Art" writes:

wrote in message
I have red coming though when there shouldn't be anyone on the screen.
For instance, If I am at a no-input screen I can see some red on the
screen.

It is a 1994 Hitachi 50" rear projection TV. I am attempting to fix it
up to give it to a family who can't afford to replace their crappy 20"
tv, but they are giving me a place to stay over the summer.

any help would be great!

Check the screen (G-2) settings for all three crts, you should be able
to obtain a fairly good white balance without retrace lines or other
colours showing thru onto a black (no signal) screen. Also, if you
haven't cleaned the face of the lens in a while it would be a good
idea to open the back up and have a go at that process also.
cheers!

Here is a link he emailed me:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/3...achi002su3.jpg