Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29659 Ignoramus29659 is offline

Default wire a soft start

On 2008-06-13, Pete C. wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:

Sorry but my post re. subject was incorrect: The idler motor HP should be at least 1-1/2 times that
of the load motor. That implies an idler motor of at least 7.5 HP and combined HP of 12.5.

I also noted in a previous thread to try starting the vertical spindle
first to let that add another 5hp worth of idler to the converter before
trying to start the apparently high inertia horizontle spindle.

A proper VFD will entirely eliminate the problems he's having, can
eliminate the noisy RPC and if done properly a single VFD can operate
either of the spindles.

By the way... How is your VFD working for you? Did you add a switch or
you just use the panel buttons?
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/