Posted to alt.home.repair
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Bird in Chimney

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:13:53 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

There was no screen cover on this HUD Wreck I've been working on and I
failed to put one on right after getting it. I hear an adult bird in there
now. Goes in and out. It's a straight shot up.

Will smoking em with some newspaper and maybe pinecones get em to vacate a
bit while I run up and put a cover on ya think? Don't wanna really light a
regular fire since it's been hovering around 100 the past 10 days if ya
know what I mean.

Please, no cracks about bats in my belfry :-)

I had swallows build a nest in the porch rafters over my entryway one
year. I thought it would be a good science experience for my little
girl. It was. But the birds and 3-4 offspring **** like the dickens
all over the welcome mat, for months.

AND THEN, the offspring kept trying to come back, year after year, for
like 4-5 years. I had to put screen under the porch rafters to keep
them away.

If your birds are swallows, get 'em out now and keep them out.

-Zz