Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Best Time to Plug Squirrel Hole

RickH wrote in news:c668ade0-e33e-4c31-
:

On Jun 10, 5:12*pm, frank1492 wrote:
This past early spring I heard a serious scrambling noise over my
living room ceiling, most likely made by a squirrel. I have heard it
off and on, but haven't heard it for about a week now. When it
last occurred, it was night and the temp was in the low 50's.
* * *Spring in the NE has been fairly cool- except for the past 3-4
days when we have had a heat wave- 90's every day. So I just closed up
the suspected entry point (hole in board covering the eaves.) I can
easily remove the covering if necessary. My theory was that the
heat would have driven the varmint out for sure and that he was
no longer up there.
* * * Was this a good idea? The last thing I want to have happen wou

ld
be for a squirrel to die up there, even though I will be away for the
summer.
* * * Your advice and experience would be *very* much appreciated. I

will remove the cover if enough people tell me to.
* * * Thank you.
* * * * * Frank

After the squirrel has had a few drinks and maybe listened to some
soft Frank Sinatra music.

You ol' sly dog you...