Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bird in Chimney

Red Green wrote:
There was no screen cover on this HUD Wreck I've been working on and I
failed to put one on right after getting it. I hear an adult bird in there
now. Goes in and out. It's a straight shot up.

Will smoking em with some newspaper and maybe pinecones get em to vacate a
bit while I run up and put a cover on ya think? ...

Probably, but...

There's a real good chance there's a nest w/ hatchlings which can make a
mess if left. If can tell, and there is a nest, I'd try to dislodge it
at the same time.

We have barn swallows every year -- the rustle around a little, the
little ones cheep for a while and by mid-summer they're gone.

I keep intending to put a cap on and every winter goes by and I don't...