Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Gluing aluminum to glass

On Jun 12, 3:07 pm, dpb wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Jun 12, 2:24 pm, dpb wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Jun 12, 2:00 pm, dpb wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Jun 11, 8:21 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
... BTW as I recall it needs UV light to cure. ...
Some versions may, but I had one RV mirror reattached using the Locktite
adhesive and as I recall it had a catalyst and it only required holding
the mirror in place for about 15 seconds before it could take full load.
None do. ...
Well, that's not _quite_ so...
http://www.dymax.com/products/automo...nd_mirrors.php

... But for a simple project like
the OP has, Locktite rearview mirror adhesive is the way to go.
Different question...

--

Trust me, no autoglass installer is using that "complex" system
just to re-glue a rearview mirror.

Unaware I made any statement other than that there are more than none
uv-curing products for window/mirrors on the market...

--

And I said I wrong, what more do you want?

I was just pointing out something sheesh