Posted to alt.home.repair
infiniteMPG infiniteMPG is offline

Default Removing Quarry Rock from Block Wall

Our house was built in the early 80's. The "style" in the area was
the corners of the garage, the section wall on the front of the house,
and the light post near the front door were all done with this rustic
quarry rock that was concreted right to the block wall. We're looking
at some redesigns but this was one of the sticky points.

We were wondering since it's rock concreted to concrete block, if we
try to remove the rocks will we end up destroying the underlying block
as the concrete used to hold the rock on might be stronger then the
concrete of the blocks themselves?

Anyone got any hints or tricks for doing this?