Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default OT question on laser diodes / visibility in sunlight

Todd Rich wrote:
Mark F wrote:

Being a lousy golfer, thought I'd put a laser on my putter,
maybe a line type, for aiming and more importantly, straightness..
The 4 milliwatt red ones don't show up, how are the higher power
ones, green ones etc., anyone tried? /thanks / mark the duffer

The green ones are easier to see the path of the laser, and the dot is
brigher, but I don't think you'll be able to see the path unless you golf
in heavy overcast or night. If you just need to see the dot, you should
do ok with a green one. 15mw should do.

Not sure what shade of green the green laser diodes are but how well
would green show up on the green?.