Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Condo invaded by wharf borer beetles

On Jun 12, 10:23*am, wrote:
These are the invaders:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharf_borer

I noticed these bugs last year around may so we had someone come out
and spray the units and building. It helped a little but they are back
this year. Turns out that pesticides are not the solution. At first I
thought they were just harmless insects but it turns out these guys
burrow into moist wood and lay their eggs. That is also why i'm
posting in this group because i believe this is going to involve some
repairing. I guess what i am trying to get at is how do we find these
guys? Do i have to start tearing apart drywall and flooring till i
find some moist / damp wood? Should i check around piping areas where
leaks could be present and causing moisture in the wood framing? *By
the way the condo building is only 3 years old and is all brick on the
outside. Any tips on how i can resolve this problem will be most
appreciated.

Regards,
Sapo

It would help if you gave us an idea where you live or where the condo
building is located, N, S, E, W, waterfront, dessert??????