Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT question on laser diodes / visibility in sunlight

On Jun 12, 11:31 am, Mark F wrote:
Being a lousy golfer, thought I'd put a laser on my putter,
maybe a line type, for aiming and more importantly, straightness..
The 4 milliwatt red ones don't show up, how are the higher power
ones, green ones etc., anyone tried? /thanks / mark the duffer

You could try using the red-laser-visibility-enhancing goggles they
sell with/for laser levels and such.
(no joke- they do make 'em)

Or, you could take the write head out of an 8x or better DVD burner
and put a collimater on it.
Its a kick-ass red LED laser, but it will set the grass on fire (not
kidding again!) and will blind people in the beam instantly.

Dave