Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Addition or Detacted Garage?????????

"infiniteMPG" wrote in message
Not a bad design. When you add on to that side there will be a certain
amount of destruction to the existing garage. Consequently when it is all
put together the insulation can be installed. I wouldn't let the
insulation
pitfalls of the existing garage be a deciding factor in what you
ultimately
decide to do.- Hide quoted text -

I think our biggest concern was more the level of the floor in the
garage. The garage was made with a lower floor to start with and
we're not sure if we'd have to build the floor up to the same level of
the house to make it living space. Worried that moisture can come
into the room if the lower walls were not sealed very well.

There is usually a fix to almost any household problem. Unfortunately it
usually revolves around how much money you are willing and able to spend.
You should start picking the brains of architects, builders, inspectors,
realtors, neighbors, and even the mail carrier may have a worthy two cents
to add.