David O

Default "and you want it to do what?!"

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message ...
Ok, Need some help.
Friend bought a statue. It's about 12" in diameter and 24" tall. (Haven't
seen it yet) She has asked me to build a pedestal. Ok, that should be kind
of fun.. the kicker is, she wants it to TURN, slowly with an electric motor.
(SWMBO actually didn't immediately say NO when I suggested the pedestal
would have to be round, thus requiring the purchase of a lathe!!)

Round or Square or Otherwise. How do I make it turn? This infrastructure
will dictate the final form I suspect. Suggestions? Websites? Sympathetic
chuckles?

Pat..
patrickdfischer_at_att.net

You can buy "Lazy Susan" hardware...ya know, the hardware used to
support a manually turning center piece for your dinning room table,
so the family can get to the food without reaching.

Attach the motor to the base. This would facilitate the use of 2
separate pieces for the pedestal...base and turning platform.

I would imagine the pedestal could be any shape using this approach

....do