RichardS

Default Bowing house wall - tie rods?

"Grunff" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The most important thing is that they have insurance. If you ask your
local building inspector I am sure he will know who to use.

Just spoke to them, and they're sorry, but they just can't
recommend anyone.

There is an institute, dont have the name to mind at the moment.

At a pinch you could contact the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors - a
building surveyor probably isn't what you want, but they shoudl be able to
point you to the correct Institute.

The Institute will most probably have strict rules on the minnimum amount of
PI Insurance that members carry (including run-on after they cease
business), and this shoudl be one of your questions when evaluating
candidates, but not one of the first ones!. If you go to someone and one of
your first questions on the phone that you ask is about their insurance
cover they will probably think that you have some ulterior motive and may
refuse the business.

If you get a spec from them and a certificate of completion or statement of
their satisfaction with the work or whatever then I see no reason at all why
you shouldn't DIY it - don't see that a certificate from a builders would be
necessary.

cheers
Richard

--