Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default 20 HP Lathe

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:42:29 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip
The cartoon I commented upon, though, was something else. That was just
about poor planning and a lack of caring about waste -- two characteristics
of the old Soviet Union.

--
Ed Huntress

==========
And I have set in meetings right here in the USA where department
heads were raked over the coals for failing to meet their scrap
accounts because their reject rates were too low, and causing
problems with meeting the scrap metal sales contracts.

FWIW -- the corporation [OEM truck part supplier] went out of
business some time ago. Something about unfair Japanese
competition....

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils: