hex

Default "and you want it to do what?!"

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message ...
Another item of info: This thing is BRONZE. Probably heavy!!

pat..

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message
Ok, Need some help.
Friend bought a statue. It's about 12" in diameter and 24" tall. (Haven't
seen it yet) She has asked me to build a pedestal. Ok, that should be kind
of fun.. the kicker is, she wants it to TURN, slowly with an electric

motor.
(SWMBO actually didn't immediately say NO when I suggested the pedestal
would have to be round, thus requiring the purchase of a lathe!!)

Round or Square or Otherwise. How do I make it turn? This infrastructure
will dictate the final form I suspect. Suggestions? Websites? Sympathetic
chuckles?

There are many ways to make something go round and round... I suspect
the tricky part will be finding something QUIET that does the job.
Presumably a motor will be involved mounting it on a cushion of some
sort might be useful so your pedestal doesn't become one big sounding
board. Of course, you could in theory figure out the resonant
frequencies of the pedestal and make them mis-match with the motor.

Wish I could have been of help in a more concrete fashion ....

hex
-30-