Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default Phishing from HMRC? OT

On 11 Jun, 21:52, cynic wrote:
I've just had an email supposedly from HMRC telling me I was due a
refund (not expected and surely my accountant would have been their
port of call)
I don't open unexpected attachments but I'll just bet there would be a
request for my bank details in there. Any other self employed members
had one of these (yet)?

I (not self-employed) had one this morning to this mailbox that I
wouldn't have given to HMRC, which immediately arose my suspicions.
Google on "tax refund scam" (without the quotes) finds, for example:
http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/report/7204 I forwarded it to their
reports mailbox as they request, but it bounced.

Chris