Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lynn[_3_] Lynn[_3_] is offline

Default lathe centers alignment

Thanks, Robert,
You have been more than generous in explaining the
difference between impractical thinking (mine) and
doing.
I've gradually progressed (over the past 70 years) from
dad's Sears Dunlap lathe, with tools I ground from old
files, to my homemade, then a Grizzly (best of all, so far),
and now this little Jet.
.........Caution, Robert, another "rabbit trail": .......... My concern
with alignment probably grew from tinkering with my shop's
little "pre-war" Dunlap metal turning lathe. In the late 1940's
I "horsetraded" it from a fussy machinist who spent many
hours trying to make it perfect......... but failed. I never mastered
it, but learned to appreciate those who could perform miracles
with greasy machinery.
Cheers, Robert, and thanks for taking the time to send
me back to the shop.

Old Chief Lynn