Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Wrench with non-parallel jaws

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote: (clip) the face of the movable jaw is perpendicular
to the
"ways", but the fixed face is not.(clip)

Can you remove the movable jaw and measure the angle between the face and
the "tang?" When you overlead this type of wrench, that's the most likely
place for it to bend. I realize that is in conflict with your statement
that the movable jaw is 90 degrees to the "ways," but it is still worth
checking. I disagree with those who think it may have been made that way on
purpose. That would be like building a car with a flat tire G.