Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default So long, and thanks for all the fish

"James Sweet" wrote in message

I've been an active participant here for around a decade, and owe much of
what I know about repairing electronics from the helpful techs who have
hung out here donating their time to share tips and information with
others. Over that time, I've witnessed the steady and unfortunate decline
of the service industry as goods get cheaper, more complex, and less
repairable. I've also watched a steadily worsening signal to noise ratio
here as more and more of the real techs drop out and find myself answering
the same few questions over and over while by the time I get stuck on
something I'm working on, it seems it's usually a really tough one that
can't be easily solved through usenet posts. I know there's still a few of
you regulars who have always been helpful, keep it up and maybe a few more
items can be kept out of landfills or the inevitable demise of a few more
repair shops can be delayed, you guys know where to find me if you need to
bounce ideas around or just want to chat. In the meantime, I feel lately
that my increasingly scarce free time is better spent elsewhere so I'm
dropping out of here. Good luck.

Really wish you wouldn't do that James. Filter the crap, and stick around.
As you say, there's precious few enough experienced people around on here,
and every time one of us drops out, that's one less to answer the questions,
even if they are repetitive and sometimes tiresome, and a narrower pool of
expertise to be drawn upon ...

I have always valued your opinions and input to discussions, and will miss
them if they are not here any more. Meanwhile, all the diodes in my left leg
are hurting, and if you must go, I'll catch ya later in The Restaurant at
the End of the Universe d;~}

Arfa