Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Sliding door for a bathroom - a bad idea?

Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

I'm considering installing a sliding door for a power room that
adjacent to my mud room at back entrance to the house. Is it for some
reason a bad idea? E.g. it doesn't give great privacy, etc? The reason
I ask is that DIY websites don't mention bathrooms as potential
candidates for sliding doors.

Also, the wall is very thin. I only have 1.5 inches inside the wall.
Is it even doable?

Thanks!

Aaron

We have four pocket doors in our condo, one of which is to the master
bath. Hardly ever
close these doors, but, rather, just close the door to the master
bedroom. I can't
imagine that you could put in a pocket door, especially in such a thin
wall. Is the
powder room used often? Perhaps you could fashion a series of panels
that stack
to one side of the doorway when open?