Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Sliding door for a bathroom - a bad idea?

On Jun 10, 8:17*am, "readandpostrosie"
wrote:
it is a great space saver, and provides all the privacy you need. i have a
pantry, powder room, and two full baths with sliding doors, and have had NO
maintenance problems at all.
i DO hate the little locks, but then i have arthritic fingers !
we used six panel solid oak doors on all of them, which took care of any
sound problem.

--

bush's third term!http://www.truthout.org/article/mcca...s-secretly-too

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm considering installing a sliding door for a power room that
adjacent to my mud room at back entrance to the house. Is it for some
reason a bad idea? E.g. it doesn't give great privacy, etc? The reason
I ask is that DIY websites don't mention bathrooms as potential
candidates for sliding doors.

Also, the wall is very thin. I only have 1.5 inches inside the wall.
Is it even doable?

Thanks!

Aaron- Hide quoted text -

My SIL has one on her main bath - space considerations. Yes, it does
not have that 'solid' feel that a regular door has but if you need to
feel like you are in a bankvault to drop your pants, you have serious
problems.

The answer to the '1.5' question hasn't been made clear: No, it is
not possible without thickening the wall or mounting on the face of
the wall - a really bad looking installation.

Harry K