Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Sliding door for a bathroom - a bad idea?

Aaron Fude wrote:

I'm considering installing a sliding door for a power room that
adjacent to my mud room at back entrance to the house. Is it for some
reason a bad idea? E.g. it doesn't give great privacy, etc? The reason
I ask is that DIY websites don't mention bathrooms as potential
candidates for sliding doors.

Also, the wall is very thin. I only have 1.5 inches inside the wall.
Is it even doable?

Since you're asking about the sliding door in reference to the wall
thickness, you probably mean a pocket door. A standard interior door
is 1.375" inches thick, so without modification to that wall, no, it
won't work unless you use a sheet of plywood as the pocket door.