Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Sliding door for a bathroom - a bad idea?

On Jun 10, 9:46*am, franz fripplfrappl wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 23:48:29 -0700, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm considering installing a sliding door for a power room that adjacent
to my mud room at back entrance to the house. Is it for some reason a
bad idea? E.g. it doesn't give great privacy, etc? The reason I ask is
that DIY websites don't mention bathrooms as potential candidates for
sliding doors.

Also, the wall is very thin. I only have 1.5 inches inside the wall. Is
it even doable?

Thanks!

Aaron

I'm going to install a louvered pocket door in a 2x4 wall. *My door is as
thick as your wall or so it seems.

You might want to consider an accordion door although sometimes these
don't shut/latch easily. *Without knowing all your details or the layout
of the mudroom or the bathroom (full, 3/4 or half?), have you considered
making the entire area (i.e., mudroom/bath) one area? *Put your privacy
door on the mudroom and then you don't have to worry about the bath area.

Never understood the big deal about bathrooms and privacy. *We all have
bodies and our bodies have parts. *What we do with and for our bodies has
been done many times before by others ever since humans began to populate
the planet. *

Franz Fripplfrappl

Mr. Fripplfrappl said: Never understood the big deal about bathrooms
and privacy.

To which Mr. SpareBedroom replied: millions of people have been
twisted & wrecked by neurotic parents - etc.

Causing DerbyDad03 to ask: Do either of you poop with the door open
when other people are around?

Just curious as to whether you practice what you preach. g