Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg evodawg is offline

Default Non-Oil Crisis - WE'RE SAVED!

Dave in Houston wrote:

This Bloomberg News article appeared in the June 8 Houston Chronicle. -
Dave in Houston

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5824026.html

Huge ocean of crude lies 2 miles below North America
By ANTHONY EFFINGER

John Bartelson, who smokes Marlboro Lights through fingers blackened
with tractor grease, may look like an average wheat farmer. He isn't.
He's one of North Dakota's new oil barons.

Every month, he gets a check for tens of thousands of dollars from
Houston company EOG Resources, which drilled two oil wells on his land
last year. He says the day his first royalty check arrived was one to
remember.

"I smiled to beat hell, and I went to town and had a beer," Bartelson,
65, says.

That's great. But I bet the Oil Companies will somehow keep it from ever
hitting the market. This so called shortage of oil is crap and I'm sure
it's contrived by big oil. With record profits why would they. I have heard
up on the North Bank or Alaska big oil is pumping natural gas back down
their wells. Wonder why? I'm not blaming all this on "Big Oil" My thinking
its also Congress, Go Green Crap, Hedge Funds, its a combination of many
and few that want or can do anything about it. Once again the Middle Class
takes it in the ASS!

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"