Default New Electrical Regs - Again

PoP wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 13:08:43 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

I think that this would be a minor work, but I take your point.

It may not be. I did a job recently for a householder where a bulb was
smashed in the kitchen light fitting, leaving the wire element of the
bulb poking out at a dangerous angle - it was one of these shrouded
light fittings with 3 bulbs and lampholders. The only reasonable way
of fixing this was to take the light fitting off the ceiling and
dismantle it, re-assemble, then put it back.

Being in the kitchen (or bathroom) and having physically disturbed the
installation means that this work would be covered by the new regs,
and I would expect to be charging in the region of 20-30 pounds for
that job (from memory I think I actually charged 10 pounds because I
was working on some other minor jobs around the house).

In this sort of situation I really don't see how anyone will ever know
that a certificate should have been issued, and thus in most cases it
won't be.

--
Chris Green )