Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Freesat dish - DIY possible ?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:11:59 +0100 someone who may be F
news@nowhere wrote this:-

Then use the box in non-freesat mode and just press OK on the regional
channel(s) you want to watch.

AFAIAA only one of the seven boxes currently available has a
non-Freesat mode. The other six don't though there is talk of this
being provided "soon".

As I understand it Humax took the risk of the non-Freesat mode,
despite it being against some interpretations of the specification.
It has been very popular and so the other manufacturer (the same HD
or SD box is sold under three names with three slightly different
exteriors).

Of course there is no need to have a Freesat and non-Freesat mode.
It would be far more sensible to just have one mode, but that would
certainly be against the specification.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh