Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Freesat dish - DIY possible ?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:54:16 +0100 (BST) someone who may be "Dave
Liquorice" wrote this:-

How easy are ordinary off the shelf DSAT boxes to use? Do they have some
form of EPG or do you have to know that channel 654 is BBC1, 732 is BBC2,
263 is Ch4 etc?

They have a now and next EPG, due to EU law. They also have a full
EPG if this is being transmitted in standard form (as some German
stations do).

Unlike crippled boxes station lists can be arranged in the order the
owner wants. If someone wants Channel 4 first, then BBC1 London,
then S4C that is no problem.

I'm happy(ish) with Sky Digiboxes ATM but it would be nice not have to
keep shifting (and remembering!) the Sky Card about to watch/record Ch4.

Channel 4 is now free, Sky viewing card or not and can be picked up
by any box.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh