Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freesat dish - DIY possible ?

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 23:43:32 +0100, Alan wrote:

Other boxes in the market can receive other free to air channels but
they will not show the Freesat EPG.

How easy are ordinary off the shelf DSAT boxes to use? Do they have some
form of EPG or do you have to know that channel 654 is BBC1, 732 is BBC2,
263 is Ch4 etc?

I'm happy(ish) with Sky Digiboxes ATM but it would be nice not have to
keep shifting (and remembering!) the Sky Card about to watch/record Ch4. I
have a DVD/HDD recorder with VideoPlus+ that can control external
receivers but I doubt it "knows about" Freesat boxes but does a number of
ordinary DSAT receivers.

--
Cheers
Dave.