Posted to rec.woodworking
dayvo dayvo is offline

Default Control Panel Project

On Jun 9, 9:42*pm, Searcher7 wrote:

Basically, my question comes down to finding the best way to get that
angle shown in the first picture.

Now that I've seen your name again, I think I've done business with
you before. Probably bought/sold some PCB's or something.

Let me try to answer your question. To find the angle you can use a
sliding bevel (t-bevel) and/or a protractor. Think of the vertical
piece in your photo as having a dado as wide as the blade kerf. Lay
the piece flat on a table saw and set your blade angle. Cut your
dado. Make it wider if need be. The horizontal piece in your photo
is a rabbet cut at the same angle. Don't round off the vertical piece
until you've finished the dado and rabbet and done a test fit. Then
use a 1/4" round over on the end of that vertical piece.