Posted to rec.woodworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Control Panel Project

I have several Williams control panels, and I am not looking to hack
any of them.

I'm creating a duplicate control panel *from scratch*. The only
difference is that it will be in two pieces, because I want to be able
to swap the control panel's top without having to unscrew the piano
hinge that hold the entire assembly to the machine.

Basically, my question comes down to finding the best way to get that
angle shown in the first picture.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Control%20pan...

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

On Jun 8, 10:33*pm, dayvo wrote:
Looks like a Williams control panel. *I've got one in the garage I'd
let you have for $20 plus shipping. *You'd have to patch a few holes
but you wouldn't have to build the whole thing. *Pretty sure I have
the aluminum panel that goes over it too. *Otherwise you can just copy
the one you have. *Glue and butt joints work fine for those. *I might
use pocket screws if I made a new one unless I was worried about
authenticity.