Posted to alt.home.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default Can Toshiba tube TV be repaired now days?

wrote in message
My brother has a nice 27" tube TV (flat screen) that
has gone bad. The unit is only abt 6 years old.

They were watching it Sat night and the picture shrank
down to one thin horizontal line that stretches across
the screen. In other words. it has no vertical scanning
I think.

He said I could have this TV if I wanted it but I live
in a rural area and no where to take it to have it
fixed!

So.... questions:

1. What is the part that has failed in this set given
its symptoms?

2. Is it worth fixing it? If yes, where can I get the
part and could I install it myself?

Thanks!!

It's probably a simple repair, especially for someone that has fixed that
same tv a dozen times. The tech would look at the symptom and say, oh it's
that 100uf 250v capacitor again or the vertical drive transistor. That will
be $110.00 for the repair. The repair is usually simple, knowing the part to
replace is the hard part. Get the model number and put your question on some
of the electronic repair groups. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Mike