Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to store C2016 batteries?

Jim Yanik wrote:
James Sweet wrote in
newsfe3k.3088$1x.2913@trndny06:

clifto wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
. ..
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
It is not generally considered a good idea to store batteries in a
refrigerator, unless they are sealed in moisture-tight wrapping.
The low relative humidity tends to cause them to dry out
otherwise.
Any reliable sources for this?
"I read it somewhere." It's almost common sense.
It would make common sense to me to believe that the relative
humidity in a refrigerator would be pretty high.

It is, put a hygrometer in there sometime.

every time you open the door,moist room air enters and condenses on the
cold walls and items inside. that's why the freezer has to have a defrost
cycle or be defrosted periodically,and there's a drip pan underneath the
fridge.

My folks used to yell at us kids for having the fridge door open too long.

It condenses on the walls because the relative humidity is high. The
total amount of moisture in the air is lower as the temperature drops,
but relative humidity takes this into account.