Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freesat dish - DIY possible ?

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:48:08 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

despite Sky installers seeming to mount them as high as possible.

They don't any more. "Working at height" restrictions now mean most dishes
are mounted around the 8' level.

My dish is 6 feet up from the ground and quite well hidden.

Bit low I'd bash me 'ed on it... Ours is about the 10' level tucked out of
the way but within broom handle reach to knock the ice off. More than 1/4"
of ice over your dish face completely naggers the satellite signal.

People have mentioned size, I'm 20 miles south of Hadrians Wall with a
"zone 1" (small) minidish. All but one block on signal strength and 75%
of the quality scale on Sky digiboxes (used for "freesat from Sky").

--
Cheers
Dave.