Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Insulating the attic of a Cape, what could go wrong?

Am I right in assuming that I have to take out the entire 2nd floor
ceiling in order to do this right? Are there any tricks to insulating
the attic of a Cape that is different than a colonial. I'm a little
nervous that I won't be able to do this right because of all the
angles, would it be wise to call in a contractor for some of the work?
If so, what part of it would be too technical for a layman? If I am
going to have to rip out the ceiling would it be a smart move to
install a whole house fan? I'm hoping that changing the insulation
will help mitigate some of the oppressive heat that builds up in the
summer, will it?