Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Mackie M1400 poweramp problem

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Tim Phipps wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

Besides, I can buy a 2000 watt amp brand new also made in China for
around $300 US.

I wouldn't expect it to work for very long.

Seems to me that you have a problem with anything made in China.

Not at all but the quality varies dramatically. I'm expecting to be
going
to Shanghai / Ningbo quite soon in fact.

You might also remember some time ago when I posted for help with a
dead
Studiomaster 700D. The fault turned out to be a bad power transformer
which was not economical to replace even by substitution with off the
shelf parts.

Only because our Indian sub-contractor had bankrupted the company.
Those
transformers were custom made by Toroid International which is a highly
respected
brand. I'm sorry you had that problem but it wasn't a design oversight
for sure.

Ah ... Studiomaster. I will remember that Graham, when I next get one in
that's giving me some grief ...

d;~}

Stop for a second to think how many tens of thousands were made and how
few you
see.

I just bought a 700D on ebay btw for a club install that's going 3 way
active
(for the HF drivers). You can see I do have confidence in my own products.

And you can always email me for repair tips.

Graham

Yes, I don't see that many. But always useful to have a 'contact' within a
company ...

Arfa