Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Freesat dish - DIY possible ?

"Jethro" wrote

Hi All,

If I wanted to get Freesat, is installing the dish a task for a fairly
competent DIYer. Any hints or tips ? Is alignment a problem ?

TIA

A bit finnicky without test gear, but not impossible - I did Sky version.
Best to set up the dish at ground level, look at others (if available) for
direction.
I established the direction and did a quick hook up at ground level first to
approximately fix the bracket orientation/angle.
If free sat issue a signal strength, use that to adjust the dish parameters.
Then clag it on the wall and repeat the adjusting process more accurately.
Dishes are far more particular about the direction setup than analogue TV so
be prepared to do lots of tweaking.

Failing all that, fix it all up and get a mate round with a signal strength
meter to adjust the dish direction.

HTH

Phil